Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The secret to overcoming your fear of the unfamiliar

So many of us are tired or afraid of a variety of creatures of nature, whether large or small, prickly, or mucous, or whether they crawl, jump, fly, walk or crawl to. Sometimes people are included in this list. We all have our personal reasons, fear of these creatures.

At times, our prejudices as a coping mechanism, serve to protect us against the unknown. Without any real knowledge of these creatures, we can never tell whether they are friend or foe. The problemis that our prejudices prevent us from even out to discover these creatures very "cozy places.

A few weeks before my son brought home seventeen found a bug, it while outside on a walk with his friends. My first reaction was that of disgust, but my son convinced me to flip it over and touch her belly. It was the softest, cuddliest stomach and disgusted as I was, I was as surprised and could not stop touching her furry belly.

At work I get tomany people meet from all backgrounds and abilities. This morning I met a little boy with two years of albinism. His little body lacks the pigment melanin in the skin, eyes and hair, gives it a ghostly appearance, and even he has difficulty focusing on rental properties.

After meeting him, I felt a little anxious. I did not know how to approach and interact with him. He must have felt my unease, because he can sit quietly on the other side of the table, was the separation wasus, stared at me. Then Mother Nature gave me a pearl of wisdom. I was reminded of my son cuddly bug and found that my uneasiness was unfounded. I just had to stop by and discover the stranger's cozy place.

Until I have the courage, turned the boy and began a conversation with him, just as I would with a two years old. My heart melted. This beautiful little person responds, giving me one of the most beautiful little smile I had ever seen. Waywas my discomfort. I had just discovered his cuddly side!

If you come across a special creatures by nature, to take the time ...

Discover their Cuddly Side

Related : cerebral palsy symptoms

No comments:

Post a Comment